GARY & ASHLEY BROWN, REALTOR & BROKER ASSOCIATE . . .
EXCEEDING CLIENTS’ REAL ESTATE EXPECTATIONS FOR OVER 26 YEARS.
CALL THE BROWNS . . . AND START PACKING.
The Browns’ work ethic is exceptional. Gary and Ashley make it a goal to exceed expectations by going above and beyond, working drama free, making it a win-win for all parties involved. They are not only highly respected by their fellow Brokers and Realtors; but also by office managers; for their professionalism and ethics, even when no one is looking. Gary and Ashley practice what used to be called “common sense” – aka: doing it right the first time.
Knowledge, passion and integrity are the foundations of The Browns’ real estate business. Their attention to detail, effective communication, being able to listen to and accurately interpret their clients’ needs; combined with their skills in negotiations and marketing, and charisma (adding humor at the appropriate times) are well-known trademarks of Gary and Ashley. They are professionally trained – having attended extensive real estate sales training throughout their entire careers, self-investing over six figures in continued education. Not to mention attending numerous attorney risk management seminars yearly to ensure they’re always razor sharp and one step ahead.
The Browns focus on servicing Sonoma, Napa & Northern Marin Counties. They welcome all types of transactions . . . whether it be a grand estate, single family dwelling, multi-unit, vacant parcel or vineyard. Their mission is to assist clients in achieving the highest possible price in the shortest amount of time, while providing an experience that is exceptional. No matter the price range, all clients receive Gary and Ashley’s white glove service. They hold themselves to the highest standards of excellence in an effort to exceed client expectations with concierge-level service and clear accountability. Additionally, what clients seem to appreciate most about Gary and Ashley, is the fact they get 2-for-1; as the Browns work side-by-side, together on any and all transactions.
From professional photography/videography/drone work, high-end marketing materials, dedicated websites, extensive web presence (Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow and more), to using the latest in technology (from Glide, for online disclosures – to DocuSign, allowing clients to sign from anywhere in the world) . . . the Browns are on it, and have you covered.
Please take this time to click this link here “Client Reviews” to read what just some of their clients have to share about their experiences with the Browns.
AFFILIATIONS AND MARKETPLACE
The Browns work under the umbrella of the Compass real estate firm. This firm is ranked as the nation’s largest independent brokerage (valued at over 6 billion dollars with zero debt). The leaders of Compass hail from companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Rolex, Tiffany & Co, L’oreal, Conde Naste, and many others.
The Browns’ other affiliations and vast resources include, but not limited to:
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- California Association of Realtors (CAR)
- North Bay Association of Realtors (NORBAR)
- Bay Area Real Estate Information Services (BAREIS)
- SFAR – MLS servicing San Francisco and Northern Peninsula
- And many other Multiple Listing Services throughout California
- Title/Escrow companies
- Mortgage Broker professionals
- Inspectors (home, pest, roof, pool, etc.)
- Contractors and Handymen
- Tax advisers
- The list goes on . . .
ON A PERSONAL LEVEL
Gary and Ashley were both born and raised in the Bay Area, California – Marin & Sonoma Counties; and have been a couple for 21 years (married for 18 of those years). They have a tremendous appreciation for memorable food (see below for just some of their favorite restaurants), fine wine, and travel (typically during the slow times of the year &/or Holidays). Fun fact, Gary and Ashley were in the top 100 out of millions of reviewers for OpenTable in the entire U.S. (when OpenTable used to keep track of posts) – yes, in order to keep that rank, they “absolutely had to” (wink) eat out 6-7 nights a week for years. The Browns don’t just enjoy fine dining – but have very open palates. Enjoying everything from food trucks to “hole-in-the-wall” restaurants.
One of Gary and Ashley’s greatest passions is that of Formula One Racing (aka: F1). F1 is best known for the Grand Prix in the streets of Monaco (teams such as Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, Red Bull and McLaren). F1 offers 20+ global races a calendar year; and watched by over half a billion people (yes, 500,000,000+) on any given Sunday race. Gary and Ashley have attended a number of races. Just some races they’ve traveled to enjoy are Monza, Italy – Monaco – Montreal, Canada – Austin, Texas – Mexico City. In Mexico City they had a one-of-a-kind 3-day experience by joining the Red Bull Racing Team Paddock Club, where they had the opportunity to meet the entire team; spend time in the garage during the qualification and the race itself; and when Red Bull won the race, they even got to take pictures holding the winner’s trophy. End note . . . Gary and Ashley have never missed a TV airing of a qualification or race in over 20 years.
In their time away from the office (although still connected of course, wink), one can find Gary and Ashley in the gym daily (H.I.I.T. – High Intensity Interval Training classes are brutal, but do the body good – wink), enjoying great restaurants throughout the Bay Area and experiencing fantastic wineries and wines the Sonoma and Napa Valley’s have to offer. Although open to just about all wines, their favorites are the “big, bold reds” (such as Cabernet Sauvignon; Barolo; Barbaresco; Bordeaux; etc.) Or, you might even find the Browns at the Sonoma Raceway karting track, taking a cheese tasting class or attending a concert, musical, horse show or charity event (just a few of their favorites are Make-A-Wish Foundation, Disabled American Veterans [DAV]; to various animal shelters).
Prior to Gary’s real estate career, he was professionally trained as a drummer (receiving his first drum set at the young age of 5) – just one of his instructors was Tom Donlinger who was Van Morrison’s drummer. Gary played in a number of rock bands and clubs; and was very fortunate to rehearse/practice (5 to 6 nights a week) in the same Marin County venue as Huey Lewis & The News; Night Ranger; Greg Kihn; Metallica; Santana; Starship and more. Gary set a goal of being “signed” by a major label by 25; although at the age of 24, he “put down the sticks.” Gary’s musical career taught him about strategic marketing and sales at a young age; paving the path toward pursuing real estate, receiving his license in late 1993. Shortly thereafter Gary was honored (in 1994) as “Rookie of the Year” at a large Bay Area firm formally known as Frank Howard Allen Realtors.
Ashley has been passionate and an advocate of animals her entire life. She is an accomplished equestrian, having sat on her first horse at a very young age. Ashley was honored to have been trained in the “horse arts” of 3-Day Eventing and Dressage by past Olympians. She grew up with the Arabian horse breed, eventually having the distinct pleasure to own numerous other mounts (from Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds, Warmbloods, and most recently a spectacular Friesian). Ashley obtained her real estate license in 2000; and proudly achieved the feat of obtaining her Broker’s license in 2017. Prior to her real estate career, Ashley worked in the family business and then at First American Title Company.
SOME OF THE BROWNS’ FAVORITE RESTAURANTS (in no particular order):
BAY AREA RESTAURANTS:
- Café La Haye, Sonoma
- Girl & the Fig, Sonoma
- El Molino Central, Sonoma
- Bistro Jeanty, Yountville
- French Laundry, Yountville
- Bistro Don Giovani, Napa
- Charter Oak, St. Helena
- Press, St. Helena
- Meadowood, St. Helena
- Single Thread, Healdsburg
- Willi’s Seafood, Healdsburg
- Diavola, Geyserville
- Buckeye, Marin
- Hog Island Oyster Bar (numerous locations)
- Boulevard, San Francisco
- Seven Hills, San Francisco
- Yank Sing, San Francisco
- Frances, San Francisco
- State Bird Provisions, San Francisco
- Delfina, San Francisco
RESTAURANTS OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA:
- Alinea, Chicago
- Girl & The Goat, Chicago
- Spago, Los Angeles
- Daniel, New York City
- Gramercy Tavern, New York City
RESTAURANTS OUTSIDE THE U.S.:
- Bistrot Paul Bert, Paris
- Fenchie, Paris
- Le Cinq, Paris
- Ristorante Cavallino, Italy
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London
- Ristorante Rino, Como, Italy
- Pujol, Mexico City
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD – JUST SOME OF THE BROWNS’ FAVORITE VACATION MEMORIES
- French Polynesia islands (Tahiti, Mo’orea and Bora, Bora) = Over the water bungalows; swimming with Stingrays; Snorkeling; whale watching; Tahitian vanilla plantation; witnessing Manta rays performing cartwheels while eating plankton (attracted by the underwater floodlight) at dusk just under our feet as we sat on the dock
- Mexico = toured Chichen Itza ruins and climbed to the top of the Temple of Kukulcan (pyramid); Scuba diving for the first time in Cozumel; enjoying Yucatan cuisine at a home of a local family; Jet Skiing; ATV touring local mountain villages; Riding horses on the beach; Fine dining at Pujol in Mexico City; 3-day package with Red Bull Racing Team Paddock Club (Formula One race weekend); One of our favorite resorts is One & Only Palmilla (San Jose Los Cabos)
- Canada = staying at the Hotel Quintessence in Mont-Tremblant attending a 3-day Ferrari high-performance driving school (fun fact; of the 18 participants [broken into 3 teams of 6], 1 of the top 3 executives at Apple happened to be in Gary’s team. We didn’t realize who this individual was (as he was dressed down in jeans and a tee shirt) until after the event at the finale dinner. Yes, their team won of course – LOL). Side note . . . Gary’s attended 30+ high performance driving schools over the years (even taking 1st place at a local high-end Sonoma Raceway auto-cross event at Sears Point). Yes, he’s passionate about driving and fine automobiles.
- Costa Rica = Sloth & Toucan rehabilitation center & Sanctuary; Coffee plantation tour; Canopy walks; Rain forest night-time hikes; Zip-Lining in Arenal; Our favorite hotel was the Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa (their thermal waters warmed by & flowing from the volcano just a few miles above them are simply magical); Taking a class all about Chocolate (learning about the history of Chocolate; growth of the trees; to harvesting; to the actual making of the delights we enjoy)
- Italy = having traveled to this amazing Country several times, we’ve tried to immerse ourselves in just about everything and toured from the Southern tip all the way North, wink! Biking the top of the walls of Lucca (where Gary’s grandparents were from); Taking the train through the Northern Countryside; Touring the Roman Colosseum; Captivated by the Statue of David in Florence; Astonished by The Last Supper in Milan (which is actually a mural painted on the wall, not a canvas painting as projected); Purchasing our large, colorful “Baby Baccus” ceramic statue in Orvieto, Umbria; Viewing the Leaning Tour of Pisa; Fascinated by the history while touring the City of Pompeii; Driving the coastline of Almafi (Sorrento actually being our favorite town, sipping Lemoncello was always a great way to start and end the day, LOL); walking the Blue Trail in Cinque Terre (otherwise known as the Path of Love) and then boating from Cinque Terre to Viareggio (near Pisa); Gondola through Venice; Boat tour around Venice to tour the Murano glass blowing factory; Touring local, family-owned Prosciutto, Parmigiano-Reggiano & Traditionale Balsamico (35+ year aged balsamic that tastes a lot like honey) producers in Parma; Visited Modena (Ferrari Factory & Museum; Fiorano racetrack; Ristorante Cavallino); Shopping at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (Italy’s oldest active shopping “mall”), touring the Duomo di Milano and fine-dining in Milan; Staying in Como on the water taking the Como–Brunate funicular to the top of the mountain (breathtaking views), boating along the Lago di Como stopping in at numerous villages (i.e. Bellagio); Wine touring in Barolo (simply the best 9 hour wine & food tour experience we’ve ever had – and we live in the wine country! Click this link to the right for access to ItaliAnna.com); Having lunch in Portofino and finishing up with a drink at Hotel Splendido just above the village; Staying in the tiny mountain village of Montalto Ligure (we called this the maze town)
- Ireland = In Dublin we visited Guinness (of course – full day tour with a private connoisseur tasting, which we had to book 60 days in advance), food & whiskey tours, Trinity College & The Book of Kells (including “The Long Room” library), shopping, bus tour, visited the oldest bars in Dublin (Hairy Lemon, Temple Bar & Brazen Head), finally experienced a “Scotch Egg” (mouthwatering), and more. Rented a car for the day to experience driving on the right side of a car on the wrong side of the road (glad we didn’t have a stick shift, as we would be shifting with our left hand). Visited the Cliffs of Moher (over 700 feet straight up from the ocean). Toured through Galway on our way to Cong (Ashford Castle). While staying at the Ashford Castle (which is truly spectacular) we both enjoyed riding horses through the forests and hills of Cong, delighted by our hour and a half walk/hunt through the forests with our own Hawks, we also participated in archery and clay pigeon shooting (12 gauge over/under) classes, and so much more. Yet another fun fact . . . both Gary & Ashley hale lineage from Scotland & Ireland.
- France = enjoying lunch & shopping in the medieval town of Eze, right above the French Riviera between Nice & Monaco; traveling to yet another fairy tale, medieval town of St. Paul de Vence (further inland from the French Riviera) & enjoying French Macarons and Glace; Spending the full day at The Palace of Versailles, Marie-Antoinette’s hamlet, and the Trianon Gardens was beyond over-the-top; Private guided tour of the Musée du Louvre (yes, we viewed the Mona Lisa); Shopping in Paris (of course!); Numerous food tours throughout Paris; Our best meal was at Bistrot Paul Bert, Paris (we learned about this restaurant as it was featured on both Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern’s TV food programs); Our second best meal was at Frenchie, Paris; And our most expensive meal EVER was at Le Cinq at Four Seasons Paris (LOL); Taking the inclinators (yes, two) to the very tippy top of the Eiffel Tower to enjoy the views with a glass (ok, plastic “glass” anyway, wink) of Champagne; Ok, so we know Monaco is not France, but as it boarders France, we’re including it in this montage! Monaco speaks for itself – and yes we took pleasure in shopping and a full 3 days at the Formula One Grand Prix!!
- England = Staying at Ashley’s favorite hotel (Savoy) in London; Enjoying the “American Bar” in the Savoy (where the cocktail was originally invented – yes, by an American); Partook in high tea at the Savoy; and experienced our first taste of a traditional beef wellington at Savoy Grill (a Gordon Ramsey restaurant); Numerous food and drink walking tours throughout London (wow, what fun to walk through the City and enjoy so many different ethnic foods); One of our favorite restaurants in London was “THE” Restaurant Gordon Ramsey (one of three “3 Michelin star” rated restaurants in London); City bus tour – and we got to see the Queen pass by in her Range Rover (yes, we waved); Walking through Harrods & Selfridges; Hired a private driver and guide to visit Salisbury Cathedral where the oldest working clock and the most legible pages of the Magna Carta are housed; thereafter we traveled to Stonehenge, where we were able to partake in an after-hours tour (behind the ropes within the actual stones themselves) for over an hour (awe-inspiring to say the least) !! Aaaallll aboard the “Chunnel” to France – we of course enjoyed breakfast on the lightning fast train.